Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I just built my own house and all I got was this stupid piece of paper!

Today we had our final building inspection with the county, and passed of course! I took the kids to a park today so they wouldn't be in the inspector's way, while Brian spent several hours panicking, waiting for the inspector to show up. Everything was great, and we got this little piece of paper saying we were approved. Kind of anticlimactic actually. Now we get to spend the rest of our lives doing bits of finish work, cob and glassing in a sun room/greenhouse, building a rainwater catchment swim pond... but at least we are finished with the county. I brought Brian home some beer and pizza to celebrate, and now he is back to work!

2 comments:

  1. congratulations!

    what a wonderful thing to celebrate!

    -april.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congradulations. Having spent many years in the building trades, I can relate to the joy of a sucessful final inspection!

    My hat's off to you and your family for a job well done and a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete